Sunday, August 15, 2004

 
From:
"Paul J Ryan" Add to Address Book
To:
jawad@alumni.washington.edu
Subject:
Emirates hurts
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:56:55 +1200

My Wife and I travelled on Emirates from Auckland, New Zealand to Brisbane Australia. On the return flight, a flight attendant opened a cupboard door and in doing so struck my head hard. I sustained a 2” gash to my head.
I also sustained a mild concussion and disorientation on the flight.
To make matters worse, Emirates failed to meet promises of medical care upon our arrival in Auckland and my wife and I were left to our own devices to navigate immigration, customs and drive to a medical facility where I could seek treatment.
I was unable to travel for business at a very sensitive time for the business of which I am a senior executive. My wife was required to wake me every two hours to ensure I was well.
Emirates have failed to provide compensation or even an apology for causing me the injury. They take 3 months to respond to my letters and their responses only serve to belittle the seriousness of the injuries, discomfort and interference with my business activities as a direct result of Emirate’s staff carelessness. Not only that, the fact that my Wife was also greatly inconvenienced is an irrelevancy to them.
I fly some 1 million kilometres a year and this is the worst airline I have ever flown on. I make sure everyone knows it as well.
The next step for us is to serve legal proceedings. By any chance have you got the contact details for the Airline’s chairman so that we can write to him before we initiate litigation?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?